Forms and Permits
The Town of Normal Engineering Department manages several licensing and permitting processes that are required by the Municipal Code. To complete the following licenses or permits, submit online (preferred) or print and mail the completed PDF form. If you have questions, please visit the Engineering Department office or contact the person indicated.
- Flood Information Request Online Form or Flood Information Request PDF - to inquire if a parcel is in a flood zone, flood path or flood way. Email Julie Weger or call (309) 433-3425.
- Parking Lot Permit Application PDF - to create a new parking lot or add to an existing one. Email Julie Wegner or call (309) 433-3425.
- Erosion Control Permit Application PDF - if you're disturbing over 5,000 square feet of land.
- Right-of-Way Excavation Permit Application PDF - for contractors doing any excavations on streets, parkways, boulevards or sidewalks within the Town of Normal right-of-way. Email Julie Wegner or call (309) 433-3425.
- Stream Buffer Permit Application PDF - for contractors doing any work along a stream or creek within the Town of Normal. The buffer is established based on the order number of the stream. Email Julie Wegner or call (309) 433-3425.
- Overweight/Oversize Loads Permit Online Application or Overweight/Oversize Permit Permit Application PDF- required for any person or company moving an oversize or overweight load on Town of Normal streets. Email Darryl Barron or call (309) 454-9741.
- Utility Permit Application or Utility Permit Application PDF - required for utility companies when installing utilities in the Town's rights-of-way and easements. Email Darryl Barron or call (309) 454-9741.
- Temporary Traffic Control Permit Application PDF - required for any person or company working within the Town's rights-of-way including street and sidewalk closures. Email Darryl Barron or call (309) 454-9741.
- Dumpster/Storage Container Permit Application PDF - required when placing a dumpster or storage container on a street. You are required to have a lighted barricade around the dumpster or storage container. Email Darryl Barron or call (309) 454-9741.
- Small Wireless Facilities Permit Application PDF - Email Darryl Barron or call (309) 454-9741.
- Uptown Normal Sidewalk and On-Street Cafe License Applications - Email Mercy Davison or call 309-454-9590.