Rosa Parks Commons History
In 2007, 13.5 acres off Rabb Rd. was developed to collect storm water from nearby properties and was later developed into a playground and sports field. The park formally known as the West Detention Basin was re-named in honor of 1950’s civil rights activist Rosa Parks, who passed away in 2005. Rosa Parks Commons is conveniently located off Constitution Trail offering residents several different amenities for activities.